Once PCoptimizer 2010 is installed, it will display a fake warning saying that you should run your computer in "Protected Mode".
Protected Mode has a number of features designed to enhance an operating system's control over application software, in order to increase security and system stability. These additions allow the operating system to function in a way that would be significantly more difficult or even impossible without proper hardware support.
PC Optimizer 2010 will randomly terminate programs and system tools too.
What is more, it will display numerous fake security warnings and pop-ups about key-loggers and software without a digital certificate. Just like the fake scan results, these warnings were made to scare you into purchasing the program. Please ignore them.
Potencially harmful software is detected.
To enable the security mode and remove harmful software it is
recommended to perform a cleanup.
AttentionThe home page of PCoptimizer 2010 is pcoptimizer2010.com.
Software without a digital certificate is detected. System files security is at risk.
It is strongly recommended to enable the security mode.
PCoptimizer 2010 is from the same family as PrivacyGuard 2010.
As you can see, PCoptimizer 2010 is yet another rip-off rogue program. Do not purchase it. If you have already bought it then you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. Then please follow the removal instructions below to remove PCoptimizer 2010 from your computer for free using legitimate and safe anti-malware programs. If you have any questions or additional information about PC Optimizer 2010, please leave a comment. Good luck and be safe online!
PCoptimizer 2010 removal instructions:
1. Click Start → Run (or WinKey+R).
2. Type in: cmd and click OK. Command prompt window will show up.
3. Type in: taskkill /f /im PCoptimizer2010.exe and click Enter. This will stop PCoptimizer 2010.
4. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
5. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Alternate PCoptimizer 2010 removal instructions (in Safe Mode with Networking):
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key. Read more detailed instructions here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
3. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
PCoptimizer 2010 associated files and registry values:
- C:\Program Files\PC\PCoptimizer 2010
- C:\Program Files\PC\PCoptimizer 2010\1.ico
- C:\Program Files\PC\PCoptimizer 2010\PCoptimizer 2010.exe
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\PCoptimizer 2010\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PC\PCoptimizer 2010
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Protect = PCoptimizer2010.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system EnableLUA = 0x00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin = 0x00000000 ConsentPromptBehaviorUser = 0x00000000