Windows System Optimizator is promoted via Trojans that impersonate Microsoft Security Essentials alert. Trojans displays a fake security warning saying that Microsoft Security Essentials has detected a potential threat. It pretends to scan the suspicious file with online scanner. Then it will display another fake window saying that you should install malware removal tool to remove the threat. When you click OK, your computer will restart.
After reboot, you will see Windows System Optimizator installation wizard.
When the installation is finished, Windows System Optimizator fake scanner will show up on your computer screen. By the way, this rogue program changes Windows registry so that Windows System Optimizator scanner runs every time Windows starts. You won't be able to access your desktop so please allow it to perform its fake scan. After the fake scan, close the program by clicking on the X at the top right of the Windows System Optimizator Window. Now your Windows Desktop should be available and can continue with the removal process.
Windows System Optimizator blocks other programs on the infected computer and displays its fake message saying "Application that seems to be a key-logger is detected."
Application that seems to be a key-logger is detected. System information security is at risk. It is recommended to enable the security mode and run total System scanning.
It also displays fake security notifications from Windows task bar.
System information security is at risk.
Total System scanning is recommended to remove PC works errors.
Windows System Optimizator purchase page:
Windows System Optimizator is from the same family as Windows Optimization Center and Privacy Corrector.
If you choose to purchase this rogue program you will lose at least $50 with a special discount. Besides, scammers will have your credit card details and may steal even more money from you. If you have already purchased this bogus program, please contact your credit card company and dispute the charges stating that Windows System Optimizator is a computer infection. Then please follow then removal instructions below to remove Windows System Optimizator. You can remove it manually but we strongly recommend you to scan your computer with anti-malware software because this rogue can come bundled with other malicious software. Please inform your friends and associate about this threat. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Good luck and be safe online!
Windows System Optimizator removal instructions:
1. Rename the main executable of Windows System Optimizator malware:
In Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
In Windows Vista/7:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Here's an example in Windows XP:
In our case, the file was bkjgka. Look for similar file and rename it to malware. Then restart your computer. This should disable Windows System Optimizator. After reboot, please continue with the rest of the removal process. NOTE: By default, Application Data folder is hidden. If you can find it, please read Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows.
3. Download shell-fix.reg. Double-click to run it. Click "Yes" when it asks if you want to add the information to the registry. This file will fix the Windows Shell entry.
4. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
4. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
Alternate Windows System Optimizator removal instructions (in Safe Mode with Networking):
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key. Read more detailed instructions here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
3. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
Windows System Optimizator associated files and registry values:
In Windows XP:
- C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon "Shell" = "%UserProfile%\Application Data\[SET OF RANDOM CHARACTERS]"