WhiteSmoke Translator hides translated words behind its advertisements. You have to close advertisements to see the translation which is kind of annoying.
Unlike other adware or potentially unwanted applications, WhiteSmoke Translator can be removed using the Add/Remove Programs control panel. However, we got an error on attempt to uninstall this program saying that some of the files are locked by rundll32.exe process. We had to end the process in order to uninstall this program.
WhiteSmoke Translator and Uniblue RegistryBooster 2011 icons:
The user is prompted to change the default search provider or keep using Bing. Please see how misleading it looks "Change to Yahoo (www.whitesmokestart.com)".
"Improve Your PC" icon links to a web page where you can download Uniblue RegistryBooster 2011.
Such software distribution methods are unacceptable. If you got with this malware, please scan your computer with anti-malware software. To remove WhiteSmoke Translator, please follow the removal instructions below. Let me know if you need any help with malware. Just leave a comment. Good luck and be safe online!
WhiteSmoke Translator removal instructions:
Download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan to remove this adware from your computer.
Associated WhiteSmoke Translator files and registry values:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Launch WhiteSmoke Translator.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Launch Whitesmoke Translator.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\WhiteSmoke Translator\Registration.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\WhiteSmoke Translator\Uninstall.lnk
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\WhiteSmoke Translator\WhiteSmoke Translator.lnk
- C:\Program Files\Whitesmoke Translator