Fake Mac Guard security warning:
Mac Guard then prompts the users of the infected computer to register the program in order to remove the threats which do not even exist.
To remove Mac Guard, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. Also, if you don't have anti-virus software, you might consider installing one. If you need help removing this fake antivirus application, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Apple has publiched an official ducoment telling users how to remove and avoid such fake anti-virus software.
Mac Guard removal instructions:
1. Open Applications → Utilities → Activity Monitor and terminate processes linked to Mac Guard.
2. Delete Mac Guard from the Applications folder.
3. Check System Preferences → Accounts → Login Items for Mac Guard entry. Remove it by clicking on minus (-) sign button.
4. Run a Spotlight search for "Mac Guard" to check for any associated files and remomove them if exist.
5. Download ESET Cybersecurity for Mac (free trial, fully functional) or Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac (free) and run a full system scan.
Associated Mac Guard files: