Milestone Antivirus video:
While running, Milestone Antivirus will gives you loads of fake security alerts and error messages that just seem to pop up constantly. It claims that your computer is infected by spyware.
The file C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe is infected.
Running of application is impossible.
Here's an example of a very well designed svchost.exe error message that may trick novice Windows users.
And worse, it may block you from running anti-malware tools. Milestone Antivirus also hijacks a file association for executable files, that's why you will probably see the "Open with..." dialog box when you try to open a program. Thankfully, there's an easy fix for this problem. Just follow the removal instructions below.
A screen shot of what the Milestone Antivirus online store looks like:
As you can see, Milestone Antivirus is a threat that comes under the guise of a genuine antivirus program. It's pure malware. Our recommendations: remove Milestone Antivirus from the system as soon as possible and install a solid antivirus software. Better safe than sorry. If you need help removing this pesky malware from your computer, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Once this is done, you are free to install anti-malware software and remove the rogue anti-virus program from your computer properly.
Milestone Antivirus removal instructions:
1. Go to Start → Run or press WinKey+R. Type in "command" and press Enter key.
2. In the command prompt window type "notepad". Notepad will come up.
3. Copy all the text in blue color below and paste into Notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
4. Save file as regfix.reg to your Desktop. NOTE: (Save as type: All files)
regfix.reg is available for download here, in case you can't make your own or it doesn't work.
5. Double-click on regfix.reg file to run it. Click "Yes" for Registry Editor prompt window. Then click OK.
6. Download free anti-malware software from the list below and run a full system scan.
7. New threats appear every day. In order to protect your PC from such (new) infections we strongly recommend you to use ESET Smart Security.
Associated Milestone Antivirus files and registry values:
- C:\Program Files\conhost.exe
- C:\Program Files\csrss.exe
- C:\Program Files\Milestone Antivirus.ico
- C:\Program Files\Milestone Antivirus\
- C:\Program Files\Milestone Antivirus\Milestone Antivirus.exe
- C:\Program Files\scdata\
- C:\Program Files\scdata\wispex.html
- C:\Program Files\scdata\wskinn.exe
- C:\Program Files\scdata\images\
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Milestone Antivirus.exe.txt
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Milestone Antivirus.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Milestone Antivirus\
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Milestone Antivirus\Milestone Antivirus.lnk
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Milestone Antivirus
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command "(Default)" = 'C:\Program Files\conhost.exe "%1" %*'