Platform as a Service (PaaS) gives a possibility to run, create or test various applications by using provider's tools over the internet. The consumer has no rights to manage or control the underlying cloud infrastructure (storage, servers, platforms, etc.), but is able to configure application hosting environment and the installed applications.
Advantages of using PaaS are:
- possibility to change and upgrade the characteristics and components of operating system,
- easier collaboration with specialist over the word,
- opportunity to use resources that are over the national border without crossing it,
- overall cost reduction by minimizing the expenses of hardware and programming tools, incompatibility problems and so on.
- some providers may not allow moving developed software out of his platform (security issues),
- flexibility of this service may still be insufficient in meeting the needs of users, whose requirements are constantly changing.
Share the knowledge: