Software as a Service (SaaS) is a cloud computing model, which hosts various software applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet or other network. There are two main software delivery models for SaaS:
- to give an online access to a single copy of an application,
- to host commercially available software and deliver it over Internet.
The main advantages of SaaS model are:
- no concerns about software buying (licenses), installing and maintaining,
- automatic updates and patch management,
- automation of administrative tasks,
- easier collaboration with other users – everyone has the same version of software,
- world-wide access.
Share the knowledge: