OK, so I spent a couple of hours testing this application on my test machine and what can I say... Well, it's somewhere between black hat and black hat. Not necessarily misleading or malicious but hardly useful at the same time. I like to keep on top of junk that lingers around my computer but honestly, Optimizer Pro won't improve performance much if at all. I mean it might help a little but it doesn't include tools that you won't find elsewhere. It is largely snake oil laced with the feel good factor for me. And I don't want to be harsh or anything, but honestly, most of the fixes aren't worth paying 30 bucks or more. Another thing that worries me is the way this application is advertised and distributed. It either comes bundled with freeware or using very misleading ads that honestly remind me those that were used by scammers pushing rogue security products. It's sad that such huge ad networks like Yahoo! and AppNexus allow these misleading ads show up on various websites, including very popular ones.
Oh well, such ethical issues are rarely taken seriously, so instead of complaining, let's return to the main question which is how to remove Optimizer Pro from your computer if it doesn't have a proper uninstaller? First of all, go through the list of currently installed applications and make sure it's not there. Order them by date installed and look for Optimizer Pro v3.0 or something similar. If you can't find anything, then it's either listed as a completely different application or it came bundled with software that you installed recently. Removing the culprit will likely remove the offending application as well.
Do you have something to say about dealing with Optimizer Pro? Post your comment or question below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Optimizer Pro removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this browser hijacker. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Uninstall Optimizer Pro from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove Optimizer Pro.
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
If you can't remove it through Control Panel, then you will have to remove it manually.
- C:\Program files\Optimizer Pro\
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start menu\Programs\Optimizer Pro\