Please Update to the Latest Version of Chrome
Your version of Chrome 27 may be outdated and could be vulnerable to attacks.
This isn't the first time when scammers push websites offering PUPs and adware for instance WebCake, as updates to Google's Chrome browser. By the way they use pretty much the same fake Firefox update page to scare Firefox users and to lure them into installing adware. Please be aware this is NOT an actual update. It could be that you just accidentally visited a shady website and got this fake update warning but if it keeps popping up like five minutes or so, then your computer is probably infected with adware or potentially unwanted software. How do you know if your PC is infected?
- Have annoying pop-up adverts suddenly started appearing and interrupting you whenever you’re online?
- Are you seeing a strange tool bar on your internet browser that wasn’t there previously and that you did not download or install yourself?
- Has your computer suddenly become sluggish and started running a lot more slowly than it usually does? Is it still running slowly even after you’ve deleted unnecessary files, downloads and programs and freed up hard disk drive space or taken other maintainance actions?
- Are you having problems accessing your anti-virus or other security software?
- Do your computer’s settings seem to have changed without you doing anything?
- Are there strange websites or pages saved in your ‘Favorites’ folder or bookmarked websites list?
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!