Your computer is infected with malicious software? Do you have popups on your PC?
If so, search this blog for removal instructions or find computer threats by category.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What is stij.exe and how to remove it?

Tell your friends:

stij.exe - IBUpdaterService by Perion Network Ltd.


What is stij.exe?


stij.exe is digitally signed by Perion Network Ltd. which means that you probably installed one of their products, for instance MyStart by Incredibar or Incredimail. Even if you didn't, it might have come bundled with adware that drops this file on your computer during the installation process. Later this file may be used to download and install additional adware/spyware onto your computer without your knowledge and permission. The file runs automatically every time Windows starts. It even creates a separate Windows service. Needless to say, it's not essential for Windows and may cause problems. Not to mention annoying and intrusive ads. stij.exe may also cause your computer to lag out. Some antivirus products detect this application as InstallBrain adware, PUP.InstallBrain others simply flag it as generic Trojan horse. I recommend you to remove stij.exe from your computer.







Also, please feel free to call us (toll free) and we'll be happy to help you on the phone.




File name: stij.exe
Publisher: Perion Network Ltd.
File Location Windows XP: C:\Windows\System32\jmdp\stij.exe
File Location Windows 7: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\jmdp\stij.exe
Startup file: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services 'IBUpdaterService' (Updater Service)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful information, I also found that software called WebCakes 3.00 will also install stij.exe.

Anonymous said...

This also helped me a lot on removing an Xvid video codec error on my friend's laptop! Thank you!

Sharpie said...

I'm a gamer and whenever I moved my mouse it lagged. So I clean out my comp cause it was dusty and that didn't seem to fix the problem. I thought that would fix the problem becuase my CPU fan was especially dusty. I then came across this bugger in my processes. Going to get rid of it. Hopefully it works.

Benjamin Burkhart said...

I run vista x64 on my laptop, and I had the stij.exe located in my syswow64/jmdp, but I also had stij and the 3 other files that were in that folder located in system32/ljkb. I just renamed bothe the stij files and the folders they were in to see if that fixes my slower than glaciers issue. So far it seems fixed.

Anonymous said...

Another file deleted of of my 32-bit (thank god). Deleted it by doing a search for "stij.exe" Turned up under Local Disk C-> Windows -> Prefetch. DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER FILES THIS WAY. Lots of system progams here. But I deleted stij.exe and it was fine.