MonsterMarketplace installs itself in a variety of ways although the most common method is via freeware and fake downloads. Anyone who’s been infected by this malware can tell you how exasperating those endless pop up windows are whilst inline advertisements also redirect you to websites chosen by the software’s author.
Although technically the MonsterMarketplace is not an actual virus it is still a pest and something that you will probably want to delete as soon as you’ve discovered it. Not only will it hijack your browser but it can often making using your PC or laptop a sluggish nightmare. Besides this, the MonsterMarketplace hides itself within your operating system in order to make it harder for you to detect and delete – that shows it’s not to be trusted!
Obviously you don’t want to end up with MonsterMarketplace on your computer so how do you avoid it? Because such malicious progarms are usually installed when you download programs, software or videos you need to make sure you only download what you’re actually after and not some ‘additional software’ that has been stealthily bundled in with it.
We all need or want to download things from time to time so just make sure you take the time to carefully read the EULA – the end user license agreement that you have to ‘OK’ when downloading something. Boxes pertaining to PUPs may have been pre-checked so double check and untick any boxes that are. Chances are, this will be, if not a PUP, but another form of adware, spyware or malware.
As mentioned it can’t be expressed how vital it is to have a quality anti-malware software installed on your PC and you should run this periodically to make sure there is nothing undesirable hiding on your computer’s system. The removal guide below explains how to remove MonsterMarketplace malware.
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
MonsterMarketplace removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove MonsterMarketplace related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove MonsterMarketplace on Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove LyricsSay, DownloadTerms, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove MonsterMarketplace on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove LyricsSay, DownloadTerms, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove MonsterMarketplace on Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.