This malware usually gets onto your computer through software downloads. Not only for shady websites but also from reputable ones. Too bad security programs often miss it. As a matter of fact, they miss other badness as well. So, if you have been greeted by an ad from longfintuna.net then you certainly installed one of those badness on your computer. From what I've seen so far, some ads are very misleading, stating something like your computer is running slowly because it is low in disk space or that your computer is infected with spyware. What's even more amazing that scammers wrap ads that were approved by major advertising networks and it makes me think that they do not care if you get scammed, as long as they get paid.
Once installed, malware that causes longfintuna.net pop-ups creates a number of registry entries, which makes it difficult to uninstall manually. No wonder why users are unable to find this Longfintuna.net virus. I don't think you should try to remove it manually because you cam make the situation even worse. Unless you are really good and this stuff. Last but but least, this virus can actually spy on you. Of course, it's not even close to spyware but it ca gather information about your browsing habits, including visited websites, Google search queries and similar stuff. Of course, it can't steal your passwords, etc., but it's still an issue.
The good news is that the core element of longfintuna.net is installed on your computer as a legitimate program, it may well appear in the 'Add/Remove programs' list in your control panel. If this is so, you can get rid of it quickly and easily. Needless to say, it won't be listed as longfintuna.net but rather as LyricsSay or DownloadTerms. These are just a few examples, scammers are really smart, they rename their applications very often. One day it can be LyricsSay and another day it will be LyricsContainer or something like that. If you can't find it, then please follow the removal instructions below. There's a good chance that longfintuna.net problem is caused by malicious browser extension installed by a third-party software. You will find all the details below. If you have questions, please leave a comment. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
longfintuna.net virus removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove longfintuna.net related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove longfintuna.net virus on Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove LyricsSay, DownloadTerms, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove longfintuna.net virus on Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove LyricsSay, DownloadTerms, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove longfintuna.net virus on Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.