Websteroids Chrome extension with current permissions to access your data on all websites and access your tabs and browsing activity too. You may also get a notification that Websteroids is running from Windows, even though you won't see any windows related to this program. It runs in the background and silently collects information about your browsing habits and interests.
Websteroidsapp.com is the official website of this adware program. However, it's almost the same as any other web page created by Creative Island Media, LLC., except that this one is titled Websteroids and has a link to download the adware. You can also find a removal guide on that webpage however, it's not very informative. To remove Websteroids adware and other potentially unwanted software that may have been installed on your computer, please follow the removal guide below. If you have questions, leave a comment below. I will be more than happy to help you. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Websteroids removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. As this infection is known to be installed by vulnerabilities in out-dated and insecure programs, it is strongly suggested that you use an automatic software update tool to scan for vulnerable programs on your computer.
3. Remove Websteroids program from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
4. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following Websteroids.
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Websteroids from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove the Websteroids 2.6.49 extension.
Remove Websteroids from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to the Websteroids 2.6.49 extension.
Remove Websteroids from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the Websteroids browser add-on.
Associated Websteroids Files:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Websteroids
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Websteroids\IE\common.dll