In fact, it's a common type of online attack in which scammers try to trick you into installing adware and PUP. Even though, the gip.driverdiv.net site seems to be pretty new, this unethical marketing scheme to say the least isn't new at all. The adware is designed to display pop-up ads with almost every click in Chrome, Firefox or Interner Explorer. Ads may appear when you open a new tab as well. Very often, this adware infection leads to unwanted sluggish performance. This adware installs registry information that loads during computer start up. As you probably know, when too many programs are running at one time, your computer's operating system may seem slow or sluggish.
Once you've made the determination your computer has adware or PUP, the most painless way to begin is to download and run recommended anti-malware program. If you still see popups, or suspect adware is still hiding out on your computer, I recommend following the removal guide below. Last, but not least, reinstalling your web browser won't help you this time. This infection is way too complex, therefore doing so almost certainly won't fix your adware and pop-up problems. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I will gladly answer them. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
gip.driverdiv.net pop-up removal instructions:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove gip.driverdiv.net related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- HD-Plus 3.5
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove gip.driverdiv.net pop-ups from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove LyricsSay, PassShow, Websteroids, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove gip.driverdiv.net pop-ups from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove LyricsSay, PassShow, Websteroids, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove gip.driverdiv.net pop-ups from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.