Mining is very difficult nowadays and requires expensive hardware, so instead of buying one, scammers install bitocin mining trojans on thousands of infected computers and make extra money from botnets. Please note that some antivirus programs may detect Distributed Computing Experiment as a PUP (potentially unwanted program) because it might be difficult to tell whether the users installed this program or it was installed without his knowledge.
Distributed Computing Experiment is distributed mostly via infected websites but it may also come bundled with adware and freeware. Once installed, it changes Windows registry so that you can't uninstall it through Control Panel even if you have all the administrative rights. Usually, users get the following error message:
You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Distributed Computing Experiment. Please contact your system administrator.The good news is that you can remove this program manually but since it usually comes bundled with adware and PUPs you should run anti-malware program after getting rid of the clutter. To remove "Distributed Computing Experiment" program and related files from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Simply leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Distributed Computing Experiment removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Open Task Manager and end dce.exe process.
3. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete DCE folder.
4. Open Windows Registry (type regedit and open).
5. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\Uninstall
6. You will notice long file names made up of random numbers and letters and pan right where it will tell you what the program is. Scroll through the list till Disturbed Computing Experiment program shows up.
7. Delete the entire registry path and exit Registry Editor.
That's it! The program should no longer show up and bother you anymore.