A PUP, as the name suggests is normally something you don't actually really want or need. They often take the form of new browser extensions or they redirect your browser or home page to websites of their own choosing. For the most part PUPs are not usually malicious and they aren't out to steal your data or empty your bank account but they can be really annoying. After all, you were more than happy with your choice of search engine and your home page and you really didn't need that new and unfamiliar extenions. Especially when you didn't have any say so in the matter!
In this case, there are lots of unwanted randomly named extensions that display fake Adware Dropper.W32 pop-ups. Here are just a few of them: Window Expander for Youtube, wuebsave, YoutubeAdBlocker, YouuTouAdBlocker, UTuBerAodBlOacKeoR, etc. I'm pretty sure they will be named differently for you guys but you get the idea. Remove those extensions and annoying pop-ups will stop.
In most cases PUPs and unwanted extensions are bundled with other programs. Sometimes this happens when large or more successful companies give newcomers a leg-up and let them add some software to their installation pack. Sometimes, however, the larger company has no idea that they have been targeted for bundling by a slightly devious publisher.
Either way, what this means is that when you install a program some other programs might be installed along with it. Sometimes these add on programs are needed, or at least useful in some way, but at other times they are not. A very good example of this is the very useful Adobe Flash installer which also installs the not so useful Ask toolbar.
They key is to install programs slowly and carefully and take time to read the options on every page of the installation process or in the End User License Agreement. In most cases you will be able to deselect the extra programs that are asking to install themselves. It might take a little checking and unchecking of certain boxes but it will stand you a much better fighting chance of protecting yourself against unwanted extensions, adware, and fake Adware Dropper.W32 pop-ups. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Adware Dropper.W32 removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Adware Dropper.W32 related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following programs:
- Search Assistant WebSearch
- WS-Supporter 1.80
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Adware Dropper.W32 from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove the BookmarkTube, Window Expander for Youtube, wuebsave, YoutubeAdBlocker, YouuTouAdBlocker, UTuBerAodBlOacKeoR extensions.
3. Then select Settings. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
4. Find the Reset browser settings section and click Reset browser settings button.
5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset. That's it!
Remove Adware Dropper.W32 from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Remove greiaotsaver 2.7, SearchNewTab, Window Expander for Youtube, wuebsave, YoutubeAdBlocker, YouuTouAdBlocker, UTuBerAodBlOacKeoR browser extensions. Close Add-ons manger.