In the majority of cases your ShopGlider Deals has been downloaded and installed with a legitimate application or program that you did intentionally download. The problem arises from the fact the you are not aware of the additional adware/PUP being installed because you haven't read the End User License Agreement properly. Many EULAs actually tell you when they're also installing another program, however the onus is on you to double check this as the program's publishers very often hide the fact in ambiguous, or unclear, wording.
This is why the PUPs are described as potentially unwanted - because some people actually genuinely do want them and use them. For example toolbars and home pages and search engines can all fall under the banner of PUPs; programs that may have some use. You just might not want to use them. Of course, in some cases, scammers use silent installers to install such unwanted programs without your permission.
So in order to avoid downloading a Potentially Unwanted Program I need to... yes, you know what's coming. You need to be careful what you're downloading, where you're downloading it from - and you need to read that End User License Agreement carefully.
If you think it's easy enough to avoid downloading ShopGlider Deals by simply avoiding disreputable websites, fake Flash player update pages and downloading freebie wallpapers and the like, you might want to think again. The problem is that even genuine, useful programs can come bundled with a Potentially Unwanted Program and adware that later may display ads on your computer. The issue is that because the creators of the PUP or adware know that chances are you wouldn't download it of your own volition, they need to hide it with something that you do want.
On the plus side the creators of PUPs don't recognize, or like to see themselves as, malware so they will refer to the PUP in the downloading agreement as this sets them apart from truly malicious software. So, let's face it, if you want to make sure you're not downloading a potentially, and very likely annoying, program you really do need to suck it up and read that agreement - carefully. Then, make sure you are using fully update and reputable anti-malware software. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
ShopGlider Deals removal instructions:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove ShopGlider Deals related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- ShopGlider Deals
- HD-Plus 3.5
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove ShopGlider Deals from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove ShopGlider Deals, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, 1ClickDownload, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove ShopGlider Deals from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove ShopGlider Deals, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, 1ClickDownload, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove ShopGlider Deals from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.