The problem with this adware or PUP.Optional.Quiknowledge.A not being considered a virus is that it can get away with using deceptive ways of installing itself on your computer. It usually comes bundled with other programs, mostly adware and browser hijackers.
|Ads by Quiknowledge|
Potentially Unwanted Programs are usually lacking in any useful quality. They may exist purely for the sake of distributing advertising or they may have been created to redirect you to websites of the publisher's choosing. Even the PUPs that purport to be practical - such as toolbars are pretty pointless. After all - which would you rather use; the toolbar that comes with your browser of choice or one created by a far less established third party?
As mentioned above, Quiknowledge is not virus but it can still potentially cause harm by accessing your personal data. Other hazards can include:
- It can monitor your browsing activity
- It can collect information such as search terms and visited webites
- It can show you annoying pop-up ads - which may even contain misleading information
- It can alter your browser settings, leaving you open to virus infection or attack
- It can make your computer run slower or cause your browser to keep crashing
If you find that even after you've removed the PUP your computer is still running slower than usual you will probably need to repair your browser as the PUP may have left add-ons or extensions behind it. To remove this adware/PUP from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
A Guide to Removing Quiknowledge:1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Quiknowledge related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- HD-Plus 3.5
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Quiknowledge related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove BlocckkTheAds, LyricsSay-1, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Quiknowledge related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove BlocckkTheAds, LyricsSay-1, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Quiknowledge related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.
Associated Quiknowledge Files: