If you're reading this post it may be because you either want to know how to protect yourself from this adware or because you've actually already just found it on your system. But before we get to the nitty gritty, let's take a quick look at what this adware actually is and what it means for you if you have one on your PC.
|Ads by Majestic Savings|
Majestic Savings adware may run other processes in the background, which, unknown to you, have the added negative effect of making your PC run sluggishly. PUPs and adware are often downloaded onto your computer without either your knowledge or your say-so as they are most often packaged with another piece of software.
So what do you need to do if you don't want to download adware? Crucially, you need to be alert at all times when you're downloading something from the internet. Take control of your download by choosing the advanced or custom options when going through the process. In most scenarios, if you're downloading a free program or app – whether it's from a reputable manufacturer such as Adobe, or some free sparkly emoticons – you're probably not all that interested in pop-up ads or a new tool bar.
I know that End User License Agreements and dialogue boxes are boring, but, and here's the but, a lot of PUPs and adware do tell you they're included in the download. OK sure, they might not be overly obvious about it, but take a moment to read the agreement and you might just find that by checking or unchecking certain 'yes or no' and 'agree or disagree' boxes you'll be able to download your program whilst avoiding any other additional and unwanted programs that have been bundled with it. Majestic Savings is usually presented as Majestic Coupons during the installation. You may also find this adware bundled with PUPs like Browser Guardian. As you can see, it's being promoted in various ways, even using fake Flash Player update or fake Java update web pages.
To remove Majestic Savings adware and other potentially unwanted software that may have been installed on your computer, please follow the removal guide below. If you have questions, leave a comment below. I will be more than happy to help you. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Majestic Savings removal instructions:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Majestic Savings program from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following Majestic Savings.
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Majestic Savings from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove the Majestic Savings 1.0 extension.
Remove Majestic Savings from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to the Majestic Savings 1.0 extension.
Remove Websteroids from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the Majestic Savings browser add-on.
Associated Majestic Savings Files:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Majestic Savings
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Majestic Savings