GadgetPrise is usually installed by other programs, mostly PUPs. That's right, you don't need to be visiting, or even downloading from, X rated websites – all you need to be doing is reading your emails, chatting on instant messenger, checking your Facebook news feed, reading the latest news or gossip or downloading the latest season of your favorite TV show. In other words, simple online activities that almost all of us perform on a daily basis may lead you GadgetPrise ads. And if that sounds a little extreme, take a look at the facts because if a recent study is to be believed, over 90% of PCs have malware on them, whether that be a virus, a Trojan Horse, spyware, a potentially unwanted program – or adware.
Developers create adware to help them regain the costs accumulated while creating freeware – software programs available to download for free from the Internet. And while this may seem a fair exchange – after all, you're getting something for nothing and a developer has to be able to make a living somehow, things can take a rather nastier turn when a unscrupulous developer decides to sell the data he's collected about your browsing habits to a third party. And they may not have marketing in mind, but are more interested in your identity.
So how can you stop GadgetPrise adware from being installed on your computer or other Internet enabled device? Because it is normally bundled with the free software that a developer is giving away, and because adware is seen by them as a legitimate form of software (even if we don't want it!) it will often be mentioned in End User License Agreements. Therefore, next time you're downloading something and you get the Terms and Conditions and small print you need to take a few minutes to actually read it – something most of us don't do. And read it carefully as the wording is often rather ambiguous and you may find boxes that have been pre-checked that will need unchecking should you wish to avoid installing adware in conjunction with the other program.
One thing you DO need to make sure you have installed is anti-malware software. You also need to remember to make sure it is up to date so it recognizes new strains of adware. Stay one step ahead and stay safe.
To remove GadgetPrise ads, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
GadgetPrise Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove GadgetPrise related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove GadgetPrise related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove GadgetPrise, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove GadgetPrise related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove GadgetPrise, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove GadgetPrise related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.