How does Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 malware get on my computer?
The thing with Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 is that it's very sneaky. Its creators design real looking pop-up windows that advertise security update software. These windows usually appear on your screen when you're browsing the Internet.
These so-called pop-up updates and alerts are crying out for you to take some sort of action. This might be clicking on them to install their software, accepting a recommended update, or allowing them to detect and delete some unwanted virus or malware. All well and good but the real problems begin when you click the link as this is when the rogue antivirus software springs into action and downloads itself onto your PC.
OK – so I need to avoid it, but what does rogue antivirus software actually do?
Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 has a number of 'features'. It might tell you about a virus that is supposedly on your computer (though your computer will actually be clean) or it may simply overlook viruses that are infecting your computer. And to make matters worse sometimes if you've accidently downloaded rogue antivirus software it might even infect your computer with a virus or other piece of malicious software – all so that the pointless software has something to do and an antivirus to detect!
Other unpleasant effects of this rogue antivirus software:
- It may lure you into a fraudulent transaction by asking you to upgrade to a non-existent paid for version of a program
- It can utilize social engineering to steal your personal data such as logins and bank details
- It can install malware that will steal information whilst running undetected in the background
- It might bombard you with annoying pop-up boxes containing false or misleading alerts
- It will probably cause your computer to operate at slower speeds and may corrupt files
- It may disable Windows updates or disable the updates of genuine antivirus programs
- It can thwart your attempts to visit websites belonging to reputable antivirus publishers
If you need help removing Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014, please post your comment or question below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 removal in Safe Mode with Networking:
1. Reboot your computer is "Safe Mode with Networking". As the computer is booting tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode with Networking" and press Enter key.
NOTE: Login as the same user you were previously logged in with in the normal Windows mode.
2. Download recommended anti-malware software (direct download) and run a full system scan to remove this malware from your computer.
NOTE: if you can't run anti-malware software, rename the installer to iexplore.exe and try again.