Apart from the fact that you'll now be seeing numerous pop up windows, banners, pop under windows and other types of online advertising brought by CloudScout, there are a few other tell tale signs that you have this adware installed on your PC or laptop. These are a few of them:
- If you've noticed that your computer seems to be running a lot less efficiently than normal, this is often a sign that you have CloudScout or similar adware - or something more disturbing - installed on your machine. Malware can have a real knock on effect on your operating system's resources causing both your processor and your Internet connection to slow right down. It can also adversely interact with the other programs you have installed which in turn can cause websites or programs to crash and pages to load far more slowly.
- CloudScout can also sap your memory so if you've noticed a big drop in the available space on your drives, this could also be highlighting an internal problem.
The million dollar question is, how do you stop these nasty infections from attacking your computer in the future? Here are a few suggestion that will help to keep you safe from advertising supported software like CloudScout:
- Install a good make of anti-virus software on your computer as well as a specific anti-malware program as this will provide you with a solid defense. It is a good idea to run your security programs on a regular basis manually so you can be sure of maintaining an adware and malware free machine.
- You should also be careful when you are browsing the Internet as some websites can be infected, and without the site's owner knowing too. Websites that are the worst offenders for infection are adult content sites, sites that let you download programs for free, and even some sites dedicated to streaming or downloading music.
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
CloudScout Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove CloudScout related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove CloudScout related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove CloudScout, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove CloudScout related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove CloudScout, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove CloudScout related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.