Fraudsters, phishers, scammers, call them what you will, are extremely adept at exploiting loopholes in our PC's security for their own gain. And one of the ways they do this is through adware - or Advertising Supported Software. As I said Digi Docket adware in itself is not normally seen as too harmful but it can be used in underhand ways; redirecting your searches to websites that you don't want to visit and displaying "Ads by Digi Docket". Websites, which naturally, will benefit the adware programmer or someone they are working for.
The component that adware installs on your computer can also interact badly with other programs that you have installed, leaving your PC vulnerable to infection by more insidious forms of malware such as Trojan Horses, spyware, and keyloggers. Therefore if you have been infected by Digi Docket, you should remove it from your computer as soon as possible. First of all, downliad some reputable anti-malware software and install it on your computer. Run your anti-malware software, downloading any updates if notified to do so. If you're not sure which of your PC’s drives are infected, play it safe and scan all of them. Once the scan is complete the adware removal program will display a list of any files that were denoted as adware. You can then choose which files you wish to remove.
Congratulations, you should now be free of Digi Docket. However, please note that some variants of adware is a little harder to get rid of than others and if it is buried deep within your PC's operating system the malware removal tool may have not removed it, or may have left components or traces of it behind. If that's the case you should run another scan. After that, if you're still seeing symptoms of Digi Docket infection, you may have to take your computer to an expert for a thorough clean, wipe and reinstallation. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Just follow the steps in the removal guide below first and see how it goes.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Digi Docket Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Digi Docket related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Digi Docket
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Digi Docket related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Digi Docket, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Digi Docket related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Digi Docket, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Digi Docket related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.