One thing you do need to keep in mind is that if your computer has an especially virulent strain of this adware on it you will need an additional laptop so that you can download a malware removal program on to it. You can then use a USB stick or hard drive to copy the software over on to your PC - don't forget to disable autorun first before transferring it over.
There are two routes you can take to uninstalling FlexibleShopper by yourself: an easy one, and a slightly more time consuming one. We'll take a look at both - fingers crossed you luck out and get the easier one!
Here are the steps to follow to remove it from your laptop or desktop and get rid of "Ad by FlexibleShopper" ads:
- Close everything you have open on your computer - including files, programs, websites, your email inbox - everything!
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and the Add/Remove Programs function. If you're lucky the FlexibleShopper program will be listed here and you can simply choose to uninstall it. Then simply reboot your computer.
- Run, or install and run, your anti-malware program to make sure that there are no components of the software still lurking on your computer anywhere. You should now be free of this adware.
- If it isn't giving you the option to uninstall it you will now need to scan your computer. Start by backing up your files and your registry.
- Next install the malware removal software you previously downloaded on to your computer.
- As per step 1 above, again close everything you have open on your computer.
- Reboot your PC while holding down the F8 key - this puts your computer into its Safe Mode.
- Now run the malware removal tool. It may ask you which drives you want to scan. Unless you're 100% sure which drive is infected, it is best to scan them all, be aware that the more drives you scan, the longer the process will take. However, don't interrupt the scan - let the removal software do its work, however long it takes!
- After the software has finished running it will tell you which of the programs you had installed were adware.
- Delete the FlexibleShopper! Reboot your computer. To be on the safe side you may want to run another scan just to ensure there are no adware or malware components left on your machine.
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
FlexibleShopper Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove FlexibleShopper related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove FlexibleShopper related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove FlexibleShopper, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove FlexibleShopper related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove FlexibleShopper, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove FlexibleShopper related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.