And while malware comes in many different shapes and sizes, from Trojan Horses that will corrupt your data for fun to Spyware that can install a keystroke logger on your machine so it can steal your passwords and other confidential data to adware like Adware Generic5.CDUL, which is annoying and can negatively affect your computer's performance. The dangers are endless, so it would seem.
While Adware Generic 5.CDUL may sometimes be considered to be the baby of the malware bunch, if you've found that your computer has been infected by it, you should still learn how to avoid it and how to remove it, if at all possible. Some variants of this adware can be easier to remove than others, depending on how deeply it has been buried on your operating system but it is well worth trying to remove it yourself before you go to the trouble and expense of taking your laptop to a professional. Follow the steps below to find out how to remove Adware Generic 5.CDUL using an recommended malware removal program.
You will need to download a reputable malware removal program give below or you may check forums or ask someone who knows a bit about IT if you're not sure what to look for. Adware Generic 5.CDUL infection can sometimes be very persistent, in such case please restart your PC and hold down the F8 key while it's booting up. This will place it into Safe Mode. Then run the malware removal program. If it tells you that you have available updates, accept these and download them. If it asks you which drives you wish to scan, either pick the one(s) that are infected or, if you're not certain, choose to scan all of them. Once the scan is done the program will display the names of any files designated as adware. Delete these files. Reboot your PC again. It is highly recommended that you run a secondary scan thanks to the above mentioned nasty habit that some adware has of hiding itself deep in your computer system. Even a good malware removal program may only remove part of an Adware Generic 5.CDU program first time round so it is a good idea to check that it really has got rid of everything.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Adware Generic 5.CDUL Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove adware infections from your computer.
2. Remove Adware Generic 5.CDUL related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- HD-Plus 3.5
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Adware Generic 5.CDUL related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove BlocckkTheAds, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Adware Generic 5.CDUL related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove BlocckkTheAds, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Adware Generic 5.CDUL related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.