How does Dragon Coupon install itself without my knowledge?
Dragon Coupon comes bundled with another program or file. These programs or downloads are usually free, however, just because you pay for a piece of software don't make the mistake of thinking that you won't be a target. Software publishers often have no idea that they have adware bundled with their products. (Sometimes they do, but that's another story!)
What does Dragon Coupon do?
Dragon Coupon takes being annoying and runs with it. Anyone who has ever experienced the nightmare of pop-up windows and ads by Dragon Coupon that refuse to go away will testify to that!
Some people talk about adware and spyware in the same sentence and that's because adware does exhibit some spyware-like behavior by monitoring your Internet habits and tracking which websites you're visiting. This information is relayed back to the adware's programmer who uses it to display adverts that are relevant to your Internet searches.
Dragon Coupon is able to do this by installing a tracking component on your PC. So while the adware is busy showing you adverts the component is hard at work behind the scenes tracking your online movements, recording the data and transmitting it to a server somewhere. And with all this extra activity going on, your computer will suddenly start struggling to cope and will become slow to respond to your commands and may even be unable to open an Internet browser without crashing.
How is spyware different?
Spyware also monitors the websites you look at but it, aside from invading your privacy, can also cause you some very serious problems. It can steal your bank details and your passwords, monitor the instant messages you send and the emails you write – in fact it pretty much knows exactly what you're up to anytime you use your PC. How it does this is by installing a keylogger which, as you may have guessed, logs the keys you hit.
So, it goes without saying that Dragon Coupon is not spyware but just an adware program that gathers information about your browsing habits. Of course, that's already enough to think of removal and better protection in the future. To remove this adware from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Dragon Coupon Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Dragon Coupon related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Dragon Coupon
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Dragon Coupon related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Dragon Coupon, deals4me, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Dragon Coupon related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Dragon Coupon, deals4me, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Dragon Coupon related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.