Websearch.thesearchpage.info is a browser hijacker or some people may call it a potentially unwanted search page is, for the most part, something that the majority of us actually don't want. More often than not such browser hijackers are malicious browser extensions although they can also manifest themselves as home pages. Of course, all these things are generally extremely useful however when they are potentially unwanted versions of them, they are almost the polar opposite. That's because browser hijackers have been designed not with your user experience in mind, but with the bank account or website rankings of the developer instead.
You see, browser hijackers like websearch.thesearchpage.info will annoyingly and consistently manipulate the keywords or URLs you are searching for and send you, not to the website that you want to visit but to one of their own. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this will very quickly become very irritating!
And of course, there is also the fact that you probably don't NEED a new tool bar or browser page; and having a new and unfamiliar one foisted upon you against your will is nothing short of rude! After all, why should you have to take the time to become acquainted with new tools when youre perfectly fine with your existing ones?
As briefly covered above, most browser hijackers come bundled with another piece of software or an app therefore being vigilant when you're downloading something is the first rule of thumb when it comes to avoiding potentially unwanted programs.
Being alert is paramount and unfortunately, the only way to really avoid installing websearch.thesearchpage.info is to read the End User License Agreement (EULA) thoroughly. The one advantage of potentially unwanted programs is that they are not technically malware, so the software developer will make reference to them in the small print. Be careful though as License Agreements are often worded so not to draw too much attention to potentially unwanted programs and you might find 'yes' or 'install' boxes have been checked or unchecked in favor of the web browser hijacker installation. Stay alert and stay browser hijackers free!
If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Websearch.thesearchpage.info Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove websearch.thesearchpage.info related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following programs:
- Search Assistant WebSearch
- WS-Supporter 1.80
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove websearch.thesearchpage.info from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove the BookmarkTube, Window Expander for Youtube, wuebsave, YoutubeAdBlocker extensions.
3. Then select Settings. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
4. Find the Reset browser settings section and click Reset browser settings button.
5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset. That's it!
Remove websearch.thesearchpage.info from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Remove greiaotsaver 2.7 and SearchNewTab, Window Expander for Youtube, wuebsave, YoutubeAdBlocker browser extensions. Close Add-ons manger.
3. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue.
In the search filter at the top, type: thesearchpage
Now, you should see all the preferences that were changed by websearch.allsearches.info. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
Remove websearch.thesearchpage.info from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Live Search search engine and make it your default web search provider (Set as default).
3. Select WebSearch and click Remove to remove it. Close the window.