The problem with such programs is that despite appearances they are not really that useful. They also sneakily install themselves on your PC without you knowing about it, and, here's the really bad news, they can have a negative effect on your computer's security. It installs malicious browser extensions on both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox called Round World 1.0.1 and it can be very difficult to get rid of them.
None of us are strangers to adware. We see countless examples of it every day when we're using the Internet – in fact you may be looking at some online advertising right now. The problem with some types of adware like Round World is that it monitors the websites you visit so that it can send or show you adverts that are targeted to the goods or services you have recently been looking at. Worse still, it will display those annoying pop-up ads that refuse to go away, no matter how many times you try and close them. If a PUP installs adware on your PC you will find that your computer starts running more slowly and opening web pages can take longer. Adverts may also redirect you to websites that the adware programmer wants you to visit instead of the sites you wish to look at.
Some people don't actually mind adware like Round World, or at least they put up with it – after all, if you download a lot of freebies, then you may see adware purely as something that is a necessary evil if you want to enjoy free games, TV shows or software. However many other people see the methods that adware uses to show you targeted adverting as an invasion of their privacy. And that's all down to the way in which adware know what adverts to show you.
Still think that Round World is useful? I don't think so. Make sure your PC security is up to date and protect yourself from getting bitten!
To remove Round World ads from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Round World Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Round World related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Round World
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Round World related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Round World 1.0.1, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Round World related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Round World 1.0.1, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Round World related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.