Such programs as SaveSys sneak their way onto your computer by convincing you that they're harmless, tricking you into downloading them and then attacking you from within. Usually, they are bundled with other programs, mostly freeware and shareware. Some are even bundled with well known programs and may come from such reputable websites like download.com. It's very important to read all the information carefully before download and installing any programs on your computer even if it's a well known and respected website.
SaveSys malware disguises itself as a computer program which will look innocent, fun or perhaps even useful – such as an online game or a chat program. Whatever face they present to you, they are very rarely, if ever, harmless. The point is that whatever it looks like, you probably wouldn't even consider the fact that it has actually been designed to do you damage. Such programs are sometimes spread through links or attachments included in emails or in the chat windows of instant messenger applications. Once you've clicked on the link or opened the attachment you will have triggered the malware and it will install itself on your operating system.
So how do you defend yourself against the primary source of trouble that the Internet currently plays host to? Read on as we share 3 hacks that are easy to do and will help you protect yourself more effectively against SaveSys and annoying ads that it will display on your computer.
- Just as you shouldn't open an attachment or click on a link in emails or instant messages that have come from unknown senders, you also need to exercise caution when downloading peer-to-peer shared files. These are also commonly used by malware programmers.
- Check to see whether you have the latest version of your browser installed on your computer or handheld device. If you do not – download it today. The newest version will be fully up to date and will have the latest filtering tools that are designed to block the types of websites that are able to install malware.
- It's not just desktops and laptops that get targeted by adware and other types of malware. Your tablet, smartphone and any other Wi-Fi enabled device is vulnerable prey too so make sure you have anti-virus or security software installed on them and that your settings are configured so that those devices are protected too.
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
SaveSys Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove SaveSys related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove SaveSys related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove SaveSys 2.0, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove SaveSys related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove SaveSys 2.0, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove SaveSys related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.