It's true that adware is not as malicious as some other malware types but that doesn't mean you should grin and bear it if you do wind up with the nastier type of adware on your PC. Some online advertising is nothing more than literal adverts – links or traditional ads that are aiming to get you to click on them and visit their website and spend your hard earned cash. But there are others that display endless pop-up or pop-under windows that don't seem to disappear, no matter how many times you try and close them.
What is SpeedyResults's main reason for existing?
In its most innocent format, SpeedyResults is merely online marketing, however even that can have a rather creepy side. And that's because it customizes the adverts that you see displayed on your computer monitor to match your interests. How does it do this? By installing a component on your computer, usually web browser extension, that monitors which websites you visit and the goods or services that you view. The component records this data and sends it back to the person or company who created the adware – so that they can then decide which adverts you are shown. Clearly this rather aggressive form of marketing has been designed to increase the chances of you visiting a site and spending money, therefore generating revenue for the programmer and the website. As a knock on effect, this also increases traffic to the site which helps it rank higher in the search engines.
How does SpeedyResults infect my computer?
Most adware programs come packaged with other programs, SpeedyResults is no exception. These can be anything from a shared TV series download, to wallpapers, games or even reputable software upgrades. It doesn't even matter whether or not you pay for them; adware programmers (and advocates) show no mercy and will attach it to virtually anything downloadable, clickable or installable! So, when you download this software, file, program or download you will also be downloading the adware onto your computer too. And of course, you'll also be downloading the tracking device that records which websites you visit.
The side effects of SpeedyResults
Make no bones about it; a true adware problem can be a nightmare to deal with. Not only is it annoying to be bombarded with pop-up windows and spooky to think that someone knows which websites you are visiting but the tracking component can cause your computer to run much more slowly than usual. It might also slow your Internet connection down and you'll find web pages are constantly crashing.
Protect yourself from adware. Install a good anti-malware and start being a little more discerning when it comes to downloading software! If it's already too late in your computer is infected, then please follow the steps in the removal guide below to remove SpeedyResults and related malware from the system.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
SpeedyResults Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove SpeedyResults related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove SpeedyResults related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove SpeedyResults, GoSave, deals4me, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove SpeedyResults related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove SpeedyResults, GoSave, deals4me, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove SpeedyResults related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.