(1) Computer Security Warning:
YOUR ANTIVIRUS MAY BE OUT OF DATE
Call 1-866-560-5093 immediately for assistance on how to remove the computer issues. The call is toll-free.
DATA EXPOSED TO POSSIBLE RISKS:
MORE ABOUT THE WARNING:
Seeing this means that you may not have an antivirus installed on your computer or it is outdated. This puts the security of your personal data at a serious risk. It's strongly advised to that you call the number above and get your computer inspected before you continue using your internet, especially for shopping.
As you can see, scammers even bought a fancy domain output.systems to make this whole scam look more genuine. Anyway, it's not true. Don't call them and don't install/download any programs from such websites. As you may already know, adware is a computer program that has been created to show us online adverts. And it is an adware infection on your computer that is responsible for those relentless 1-866-560-5093 pop-ups. Adware, or advertising supported software to give it its full title, is something that the programmers who either create or share files and software for free, use to generate an income from their product.
Why do I often hear adware mentioned in conjunction with spyware?
Spyware and adware are often mentioned in the same breath and this is because a lot of adware programs exhibit some seriously spyware type behavior. Adware comes with a component which monitors your Internet usage and then relays the information gathered back to the programmer. This gives them insight into which websites you have visited and which products or services you looked at when you were on those sites. Using this data they can then choose which adverts you see based on your preferences.
Before you get too alarmed, just because you can see 1-866-560-5093 pop-up warnings on your screen it doesn't necessarily mean that you are being monitored as not all adware has a tracking component – although much of it does – the problem is, how do you know?
Despite this unpleasant behavior using adware is not actually against the law, unless of course it displays fake virus warnings. But I think we can probably all agree that being spied upon whenever we are connected to the Internet is a real invasion of our online privacy regardless. The other additional problem that this spying activity causes is that the constant monitoring and relaying of data also slows your computer and your Internet connection right down – not great, especially considering you're the victim here!
If you have questions, leave a comment down below. I will be more than happy to help you. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
1-866-560-5093 Pop-up Warning Removal Guide:1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove 1-866-560-5093 virus pop-up related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Safe Web
- HD-Plus 3.5
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove 1-866-560-5093 pop-ups from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Safe Web, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove 1-866-560-5093 pop-ups from Google Chrome:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Safe Web, LyricsSay-1, Websteroids, Quiknowledge, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove 1-866-560-5093 pop-ups from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.