Special Box ads, in whatever shape or form they comes in, can be somewhat intrusive. In fact it can be increasingly difficult to escape advertising. In this day and age we are under constant attack by marketers and brands all trying to get us to spend our hard earned dollar on their products or services. And as we all spend increasing amounts of time online, of course, the Internet is no refuge from the barrage.
However, online advertising can vary wildly; from adverts that hold a genuine interest – perhaps you're seeing adverts on the websites you visit for a camera that you have just been looking at (more on how that happens shortly) – or maybe you are seeing pop-up adverts for a manga style gaming website that you have zero interest in.
Going back to the Special Box adverts that are very similar to products you have recently been browsing for a moment: how does the Internet KNOW which adverts to show you? How does the website you're reading the news on know that a couple of hours before you were looking at cameras? That's all down to the tracking component that Special Box adware installs on your computer when you download the adware. This component monitors which websites you visit, looks at the pages or products you are looking at within that site, and sends the data back to the adware's developer – who then makes sure you only see adverts for products that you have a high likelihood of clicking on.
However, returning again to the pop-up style adverts that we also mentioned, if you're seeing Special Box ads it is a fair indication that you have the true malware style of advertising supported software on your computer. As well as the aforementioned gaming sites, these adverts can also be for porn, gambling or crazy weight loss methods. And the worst thing about these ads is that they simply won't go away. The pop-up windows will return time and time again, no matter how many times you click on them – leaving you tearing your hair out in frustration and wondering just what is going on with your computer.
The other major issue with pop-up ads and this type of adware is that you are also being made vulnerable to threats of an even more serious nature. Special Box can negatively impact on other programs running on your PC, weakening your computer's defense and increasing the chances of you being infected by even nastier types of malware. It constantly runs in the background as a utilSpecialBox.exe program and checks for updates. It can download and install other malware on your computer as well. To remove Special Box ads from your computer, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Special Box Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Round World related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Special Box
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Special Box related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Special Box 1.0.1, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Special Box related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Special Box 1.0.1, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Special Box related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.