That aside, I'm sure that as you're reading this you'd like to know a little bit more about Ads by coupons and fun, where they came from, and how you delete them from your computer.
When did the the intrusive adverts appear?
"Ads by coupons and fun" and "Powered by coupons and fun" ads will very likely have first surfaced shortly after you installed some new software, downloaded some shareware or freeware files (such as TV shows, movies or music) or upgraded an existing program. And that's because this adware uses quite a sneaky method in order to infiltrate your computer. Adware programs are often installed in conjunction with another program or download. They hide behind the façade of the software that you do want and slip onto your PC undercover.
And if this might seem like a frustrating invasion of your privacy and one you are powerless to do anything about, then you need to know that, for the most part, Ads by coupons and fun can be stopped in their tracks.
Other methods adware programs use to install themselves on your PC
As well as piggy backing on another program there are a couple of other ways adware programmers use to ensure their program ends up on your device. Annoyingly, you may have purchased a new PC or laptop and found that you have a pre-installed adware and potentially unwanted programs on the machine. Worryingly you can also be infected during something called a 'drive by installation', which is when you visit a website that has been compromised by adware (or other form of malware). In that case, you don't even know that adware has been installed on your computer. Once installed, it usually adds a web browser extension called coupons and fun which starts displaying ads by coupons and fun and pop-up windows that most if the time will redirect you to web pages filled with advertisements.
How do you get rid of "Ads by coupons and fun" and related adware?
Adware and potentially unwanted programs are fairly easy to remove, even for the non-technical among us. All you need to do to remove it from your computer is follow the simple instructions below:
- Go to your Control Panel then to Programs
- Click Uninstall or Change a Program
- Find Coupons and Fun in the list, click on it then hit Uninstall
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
"Ads by coupons and fun" Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Ads by coupons and fun related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Coupons and Fun
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Ads by coupons and fun related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Coupons and Fun, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Ads by coupons and fun related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Coupons and Fun, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Ads by coupons and fun related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.