But what exactly is SpaceCouponApp or Space Coupon App and why do you need to remove it? Well for one thing, it's extremely annoying and can make using your computer a complete and utter pain.
What is adware?
For the most part adware displays ads and pop-ups. Doesn't sound so bad right? After all we seed adverts every day on pretty much every website. Wrong, it installs itself on your computer without telling you. And it displays ads by SpaceCouponApp on websites that don't even have adverts. This adware simply injects ads on every web page without asking for your permission. Needles to say, it's very annoying and at some point even illegal despite the fact that you might have installed it on your computer yourself. And that's not all because adware can also cause your PC's security to weaken, making it more vulnerable to threats and risk by other malware programs.
Want to stop this adware from attacking your computer? Then you need to understand its modus operandi.
How is SpaceCouponApp installed?
Occasionally adware programs are pre-installed on a new laptop or desktop. Sometimes they hit you via a drive by installation – a website that has been infected with malware will in turn attack you when you visit it. Generally speaking though, adware programs like SpaceCouponApp come bundled with another software program or a downloaded file. Underhand methods of installation to be sure, but the funny thing is that programmers who are responsible for creating adware don't actually consider their product to be malware – which in fact technically, it's not. And this means that the SpaceCouponApp will be mentioned in the installation or download license agreement.
And this is precisely where the majority of us get stung. We are probably all guilty of skipping blithely through the boring small print in these agreements and we don't actually know what we're installing half the time. Therefore while you might be bored to tears by the thought of reading through this wording, it is well worth sucking it up – don't read it properly and you might miss the part where it says 'add-ons' are included with your original download.
If your computer is already infected and you don't know how to stop SpaceCouponApp ads and remove this adware from the system, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
SpaceCouponApp Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove SpaceCouponApp related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove SpaceCouponApp related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove SpaceCouponApp, Active Discount, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove SpaceCouponApp related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove SpaceCouponApp, Active Discount, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove SpaceCouponApp related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.