We say normally because some variants of ActiveDeals or Active Deals adware are nastier than others and can be a bit of a pain to remove. If you have been unlucky enough to be infected by one of these, you'll have to download an adware removal program on to it. Once you've done this you will need to run the program on your computer.
How to remove ads by ActiveDeals from your computer
- Firstly shut all the programs, inboxes, documents and websites that are open on your PC, except for this removal guide.
- Open we browser and download recommend anti-malware software
- Open up your PC's Windows Control Panel and select Programs > Uninstall a Program. Find the ActiveDeals adware.
- Found the adware (or anything else you don't recognize and that the internet deems unnecessary?) Highlight it by clicking on it in the list and then hit Uninstall.
- Reboot your computer.
- Adware can leave components lying in wait on your PC so to make sure you've got rid of it completely, run (or install and run) a reputable anti-malware software program.
If you are unable to uninstall the ActiveDeals adware you are going to need to scan your PC. Do this thus:
- Back up all your files and registry
- Install the malware removal tool that is waiting on your hard disk
- Run the malware removal software. Once the scan is complete the program will tell you the name of the adware – delete it!
- Reboot your computer and then run the malware removal program once more – again to check that there are no nasty remnants of it still lurking on your computer
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Ads by ActiveDeals Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove ActiveDeals related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove ActiveDeals related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove ActiveDeals, Active Discount, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove ActiveDeals related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove ActiveDeals, Active Discount, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove ActiveDeals related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.