This new imposter on your computer is adware, and is yet another of the countless annoyances and dangers that we know have to put up with, and protect ourselves from, on a pretty much constant basis. And if you have ever been a victim of adware then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say you definitely want to take steps to protect yourself from being harassed by another one in the future. They say that lightening never strikes twice but unfortunately in the world of malware, this is certainly not true!
What's the point of these ads by TremendousCoupo?
It's a valid question because, let's face it, there are already enough adverts on most websites and injecting even more ads that shouldn't be there is unacceptable. And the fact is that their new TremendousCoupo ads are never, or rarely, going to live up to their standards.
And just what might that motive be? Well the people who create adware have chosen the humble browser as their method of choice in order to display "Ad by TremendousCoupo" adverts and misdirect your internet searches and send you, not to the websites you wanted to visit, but to ones they want you to take a look at instead. Annoying, am I right? So, let's assume that you want to stop adware from infecting your computer – how exactly do you do that?
How to stop TremendousCoupo
Most adware slip unnoticed on to your computer via another program. TremendousCoupo programmers package their product with another piece of software or bundle it with a file – usually freeware or shareware. The owner of these programs or files may know that they have adware piggy backing on them – or they may be completely unaware.
So to stop them in their tracks the main thing you can do is to make sure you read License Agreements carefully as adware will be mentioned somewhere in the small print. Watch out for ambiguous wording though, as well as check boxes that have been configured to automatically install the PUP. I know it's boring, but it's got to be better than being infected by adware and other malware!
If your computer is already infected and you don't know how to stop Ads by TremendousCoupo and remove adware from the system, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Ads by TremendousCoupo Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove TremendousCoupo related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove TremendousCoupo related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove TremendousCoupo, Active Discount, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove TremendousCoupo related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove TremendousCoupo, Active Discount, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove TremendousCoupo related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.