Besides being extremely irritating, Glass Bottle is also responsible for committing a number of crimes against your computer. It affects the way it operates and, worse, it can leave you vulnerable to security breaches. Think you might have an adware infestation on your computer or handheld device? Don't ignore it – do something about it – and now! Glass Bottle is possible to remove by yourself, even if you are not particularly technically minded, but any reputable PC repair store or center should also be able to rid your device of it for you quickly and easily. So what exactly IS adware, and how do you stop it installing itself, without your knowledge, on your computer, tablet or phone?
What is Glass Bottle? Well, no prizes for guessing that Glass Bottle is a type of computer software that has been designed to show you advertising. The clue was in the name, right? And while ads by Glass Bottle might not seem so bad in themselves, it's the knock on effect that adware can have on your machine that is the real eyebrow raiser. For starters, it might redirect any searches you make on the internet, instead sending you to websites that the adware programmer wants you to go to. Not fun!
Some forms of this adware also spy on which websites you visit, monitor which products or services you are browsing, collect this data, and then send it back to the programmer so that they can then match the adverts that you see to the things you are recently viewing on other websites.
Naturally, this means that by displaying Glass Bottle adverts that are more in tune with things you might be interested in purchasing, the likelihood of you clicking on the advert and visiting the website in question and perhaps even purchasing something is greatly increased. This has the desired effect of both generating traffic, and potentially income, for the programmer or their customer.
How does Glass Bottle install itself on my PC or phone?
Glass Bottle is most often packaged with another program or application. From TV series to lifestyle apps, if something is available for free, there is usually a catch! Therefore, to avoid downloading adware you need to be more careful when downloading from the internet. And that means reading End User License Agreements and the small print properly. It will be mentioned as an add-on so make sure you're not knowingly also downloading it. If it's already too late and you just want to stop annoying ads and get rid of it, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Glass Bottle Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Glass Bottle related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Glass Bottle
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Glass Bottle related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Glass Bottle, Active Discount, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Glass Bottle related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Glass Bottle, Active Discount, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Glass Bottle related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.