What can "stats" adware do to me?
It displays a number of unpleasant traits, for example display ads with words "ADVERTISEMENT | Powered by stats" or just "Ads by stats", causing noticeable problems for both you and your computer. Just look at the issues below – adware is not as innocent as people say, is it?
- Adware can make your computer or other device run more slowly
- Adware may hijack your browser and install a new tool bar
- Adware can cause your internet connection to be sluggish and make websites crash
- Adware can cause issues with other programs installed on your PC and make them crash or run with faults
- And probably worst of all, adware can cause problems with your computer's security software, making you more vulnerable to future attacks
I'm glad you asked! The problem is that stats adware can infect websites which means that simply by opening a web page, you could be exposing yourself to risks, however clearly it is not possible to stop using the internet, so you need to take other precautions.
Most importantly, make sure you have a good anti-malware program installed on your PC. Not only that but it also needs to be completely up to date. The same goes for the other programs that are installed on your device as if you're not running the latest versions, you could be missing out on important security updates and are therefore more exposed to new and even more lethal security issues.
A computer operating with up to date programs is far better protected from the threats of adware and other malware than one that is running on last year's applications. To remove adware from your computer and stop ads by stats, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Advertisements Powered by stats Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Stats adware related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Stats adware related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Stats, Active Discount, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Stats adware related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Stats, Active Discount, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Stats adware related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.