How do I know if I have Mysearch123 on my computer?
Looking on the bright side, browser hijackers are usually pretty easy to unmask. Here are a few ways to spot a browser hijacker, and if you recognize them as happening to you, you need to take further action, as you may have a browser hijacker installed.
- Your PC makes a real meal of things when you start it up
- Your computer has suddenly started running more slowly than usual
- You log on to be greeted by a strange new homepage mysearch123.com that you certainly didn't download yourself – and your usual one has gone AWOL
- Programs take longer to open and crash once you do have them running
- In a similar vein, websites take longer to open, and may crash too
- You're being inundated with annoying pop-up windows or adverts
- Odd programs have appeared in your list of installations
- Weird icons you don't recognize are now installed as short cuts on your desktop
- Your default settings have been changed and no matter how many times you change them back, they play hard to get
Don't download and install software from third-party websites or websites that your do not recognize. As I already pointed out, this browser hijacker comes packed with freeware and adware. You may be installing soke free programs without realizing that Mysearch123 is being installed on your computer at the same time without your knowledge and permission. Don't just click 'Next' like crazy, read the EULA carefully and uncheck third-party 'offers'.
Ensure your Operating System is up to date - this is crucial and we can't over-emphasize how important it is that your OS - plus everything you have running on your computer - is the latest version. Software developers and browser hijacker programmers are playing a game of cat and mouse and as soon as a company releases a new version of a tool or program, you can bet that the malware programmer will be developing a way to exploit it. Staying current is your best form of protection.
Obviously it goes without saying that you should have a good anti-malware software installed on your machine and that you also keep this up to date. You want your security tool to be equipped with the latest updates so they can detect and delete the latest browser hijackers, malware, viruses, and of course, Trojan Horses.
Using a Firewall is also an excellent idea. Firewalls are hardware and software that stop anyone who is unauthorized from accessing your computer. Keep in mind that hardware firewalls can be less reliable than software firewall as they don't always pick up on viruses or malware that is included in an email, instead discounting these as normal traffic. On the other hand, software firewalls are only able to protect a computer and not a network as a whole.
How do I remove Mysearch123?
It can be a tedious task. It modifies browser settings and also makes modifications to Windows registry. Hopefully, the removal guide below will help you to remove this browser hijacker from your computer. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Mysearch123 Homepage Malware Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download recommended anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this infection. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Mysearch123 related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following programs:
If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Mysearch123 from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Mysearch123, MuiTub, BookmarkTube extensions.
3. Then select Settings. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
4. Find the Reset browser settings section and click Reset browser settings button.
5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
6. Right-click Google Chrome shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
7. Select Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.mysearch123.com..." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. There should be only the path to Chrome executable file.
Remove Mysearch123 from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Remove Mysearch123, MuiTab, BookmarkTube browser extensions. Close Add-ons manger.
3. In the URL address bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
Click I'll be careful, I promise! to continue.
In the search filter at the top, type: mysearch123
Now, you should see all the preferences that were changed by mysearch123.com. Right-click on the preference and select Reset to restore default value. Reset all found preferences!
4. Right-click the Mozilla Firefox shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
5. Select Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.mysearch123.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. There should be only the path to Firefox executable file.
Remove Mysearch123 from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons.
2. Select Search Providers. First of all, choose Live Search search engine and make it your default web search provider (Set as default).
3. Select Mysearch123 and click Remove to remove it. Close the window.
4. Right-click the Internet Explorer shortcut you are using to open your web browser and select Properties.
5. Select Shortcut tab and remove "http://www.mysearch123.com...." from the Target field and click OK to save changes. Basically, there should be only the path to Internet Explorer executable file.