Welcome to the wonderful world of advertising supported software, or adware.
What is SuperAdRomove?
SuperAdRomove is a computer program that has been designed to display or download adverts on your computer screen. And these SuperAdRomove adverts are the ones which are not so coincidentally marketing products and services that you are already familiar with. So how do they do this?
Well, from pop-up windows, to "Ads by SuperAdRomove" displayed on the page, to banner adverts, the adverts you are seeing are the result of a little bit of technological espionage.
Yes – SuperAdRomove spies on you
So here's the deal. SuperAdRomove usually finds its way on to your PC by being bundled with another program, file or application. And these can be anything from fun games to useful lifestyle apps and from work tools such as PDF viewers to torrents and peer to peer files that contain movies or music. It doesn't matter whether you're downloading, installing or upgrading, adware can be secreted anywhere.
In a nutshell, you install the program or app that you do want and, unknown to you, the SuperAdRomove adware will be hidden in the download file. And alongside the adware will be a tracking component that has been designed to monitor what you are looking at when you are online.
But who creates adware and why do they care what you are looking at? Well, believe us, they care – a lot – because online marketing and advertising is a massive money spinning industry and by tailoring adverts to your current interests and potential purchases, the programmers are more likely to illicit a click through and possibly a sale from you. And even if you don't buy anything, they are still driving that all important traffic to their chosen site.
Adware: the money machine
So what's in it for the programmer if they are simply directing you to a website owned by a brand or other third party? For start, many adware programmers develop apps that they give away for free. Either that or they share files without charging a nominal sum. But they need to make money somehow so they create adware in conjunction with their app or the program and either sell it on to a third party, or they include it in their own product. If they include it with an app or tool they have created they will often let you pay to upgrade to an adware free version.
How to get rid of SuperAdRomove ads?
To remove this adware from your computer and stop SuperAdRomove ads, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
SuperAdRomove Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove SuperAdRomove related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove SuperAdRomove related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove SuperAdRomove, Active Discount, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove SuperAdRomove related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove SuperAdRomove, Active Discount, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove SuperAdRomove related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.