What does Shopping Deals adware do?
If you think that being confronted by an endless stream of "Brought by Shopping Deals" pop up adverts that advertise nothing more interesting than low rent gambling websites, pornography and other dubious content, wouldn't really make that much difference to your user experience, then you need to think again. To make matters worse, these Shopping Deals pop up windows are tricky to get rid of and won't disappear no matter how many times you click on them to close them.
And that's not all either because it can also misdirect your internet searches by sending you to websites that you didn't want to visit. It might even delete your current toolbar and install a new one – this is also a means for manipulating your web searches. And like the tenacious pop up windows, this toolbar will also be extremely tricky to get rid of.
More about why Shopping Deals makes your PC slow down
If you have Shopping Deals installed on your computer you also have the added issue of having spyware installed in conjunction with it. That's because the adware downloaded an added component which monitors the websites you visit and the product or service pages that you look at within the site. This data is recorded and then sent to the adware's programmer who is then able to see which products you are most interested in – and thus customize the Shopping Deals adverts that they show you. Not only does this increase the chances of you parting with some of your hard earned cash, but it also drives more traffic to the website.
It is all this work – the monitoring, gathering and relaying of data - that is going on behind the scenes of your computer that makes your operating system and internet connection slow down.
How to stop adware from becoming a problem
This adware is usually packaged with other files, apps or software so make sure you read the fine print before installing something. And of course, never open email or messenger attachments if you don't know the sender. Best of all install an anti-malware program on your computer.
Needless to say, this adware is a real pain, so protect yourself by installing a decent anti-malware program today. If it's already too late and your computer is infected with this adware and its relentless "Brought by Shopping Deals" advertisements, please follow the steps on the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Shopping Deals Adware Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Shopping Deals related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Shopping Deals
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Shopping Deals related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Shopping Deals, AdCoupon, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Shopping Deals related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Shopping Deals, AdCoupon, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Shopping Deals related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.