And one of these types of malware that shows no mercy and doesn't take any prisoners when it comes to showing up when you least expect it is Wander Burst adware. But this adware can be slightly misunderstood and while many people tend to dismiss it as something that is not really worth getting worried about, tech experts know that even something which, at its simplest is a marketing tool, Wander Burst is not as sweet and innocent as it may seem.
What effect can Wander Burst have on your computer?
As mentioned, it is primarily used as an online marketing tool – it is advertising at its purest form, after all. However if you have been infected by Wander Burst, you may find that you are suffering from some really unpleasant side effects.
And not only that but even more concerning is the fact that it can also weaken your computer defense systems and allow other types of malware or viruses to access your operating system. And of course, many of these can be a lot more harmful than the adware that let them slip through the cracks.
So back to the adverse effect that adware can have on your device. Just take a look at the points below and we think you will agree that it is well worth protecting yourself in future from this so-called baby of the bunch!
Wander Burst adware can:
Affect the way your computer or handheld device operates by making it run far more slowly. This is because the adware is running in the background and using up valuable resources.
It can also slow down your internet connection and make web pages slow to load or crash completely. That's because it is using your web connection to send data back to the programmer about you (usually information about which Wander Burst pop-up ads to display on your computer based on your searches and browsing history).
Hold on a minute – it's doing what?!
So that's really what it all comes down to. No one is creating adware for fun and by displaying ads that are for things you are potentially interested in buying, the chances are that you will click on them, thereby driving traffic and perhaps even a sale to that site.
Needless to say, this adware is a real pain, so protect yourself by installing a decent anti-malware program today. If it's already too late and your computer is infected with this adware and its relentless "Brought by Wander Burst" advertisements, please follow the steps on the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Wander Burst Adware Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Wander Burst related programs from your computer using the Add/Remove Programs control panel (Windows XP) or Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7 and Windows 8).
Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- Wander Burst
- Active Discount
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Wander Burst related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Wander Burst, AdCoupon, MediaPlayerV1, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Remove Wander Burst related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Wander Burst, AdCoupon, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Wander Burst related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.