You've no doubt heard of adware already, as let's face it; it's pretty hard to escape from its blatant form of online marketing. But what is advertising supported software in reality, and more importantly, can it have any unpleasant side effects on your PC?
The dark side of adware
The main thing that many people have against adware is that it collects data about your internet browsing habits. At the point of installation, the adware will also install a component on your computer which monitors which websites you visit. It tracks which products or services that you visit within any given site and then uses this information to display adverts that are related to the products you have been looking at. Sometimes you'll even see ads for the exact same items.
Other problems and issues that LaSuperba can have on your PC
There are a few other issues connected with, and caused by, our friend adware. One of the most downright irritating is the software's propensity for displaying LaSuperba pop up and pop under adverts. Unlike the targeted adverts you are seeing, these often bear no similarity to products or services that you are genuinely interested in – in fact they are often quite the opposite and are usually for websites that encourage gambling or any other distasteful, unwanted, or downright illegal content.
Another big problem is that thanks to the adware constantly tracking what you are looking at on the internet and transmitting the data back to the programmer, it is gobbling up your PC's resources, including memory and storage space. And that's not all, because, outrageously, it uses your internet connection to relay this information, which can cause your internet speed to slow down, even to the point where pages won't open or your browser keeps crashing.
Is that enough problems to be going on with? Well, we have one more for you: adware can also cause conflict between the other programs you have installed on your computer which makes them – and subsequently your computer's security – unstable.
Okay, I've heard enough - how do I protect myself from LaSuperba installing itself on my PC?
It normally comes packaged as a bundle with another software program or application. Which is why, to stop it at its source, you should be careful what you download, and where you download it from. When you do install something make sure you read the small print and check for any add-ons – adware will normally be mentioned. In addition to this downloading an anti-adware program is always a good idea to be on the safe side.
How to get rid of LaSuperba ads?
To remove this adware from your computer and stop LaSuperba ads, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
LaSuperba Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove LaSuperba related programs from your computer using the Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7). Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8 or 10, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove LaSuperba related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to More Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove LaSuperba, Extag, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
3. Then select Settings. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
4. Find the Reset browser settings section and click Reset browser settings button.
5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset. That's it!
Remove LaSuperba related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools Menu → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove LaSuperba, Extag, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove LaSuperba related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.