Keep reading if you'd like to learn a little more about the annoyance of Offers4U adware and find out what its characteristics are. I will also tell you how you can give yourself the best shot at staying free from this adware infection - there are some surprisingly simple, easy, free and painless ways to protect yourself and of course how to get rid of it!
First of all: what is Offers4U adware?
Offers4U is a type of computer program which is downloaded upon your computer and tracks your internet usage so that it can send you adverts, usually labeled "brought by Offers4U", that closely mirror the goods or services that you have recently been looking at. Obviously this increases the chances of you clicking on them and splashing out with your credit card or online payment platform of choice. The adverts might be pop-up windows, static boxes, banners or links, and not only are they pretty darn annoying but they can have some unpleasant repercussions too. Here's an example of an advert in Steam's built-in browser:
What can Offers4U adware do?
- Negatively interact with other programs that are installed on your device. This can cause instability in your operating system and leave you vulnerable to security breaches
- Due to the monitoring of your web activity, it can makes your CPU and internet connection sluggish
- It might add websites to your bookmarks folder - using up valuable memory
- Adware often redirects web searches to websites you don't want to visit
- It may bombard you with next-to-impossible-to-get-rid-of pop up or under-adverts
- Install a reputable anti-malware program on your device. Run often and ensure it's always up to date
- Download software from the publisher's website only – third party download sites normally package their downloads with adware
- Use pop-up blockers when a browser offers you the option
- If you're being shown a random pop up window, do not click the 'OK' or 'Close' button – if a pop-up is not credible it will often use this button as a 'sign' that you are agreeing to a further installation – of adware or worse. Close with the little red 'x' in the window's corner
- Many of the applications and programs we install are generally not really that crucial. By weeding out the unnecessary and only downloading the things you really need, you'll lower the chances of attack – especially considering games and similar applications can be loaded with adware
To remove this adware from your computer and stop Offers4U pop-up ads, please follow the steps in the removal guide below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment down below. Good luck and be safe online!
Written by Michael Kaur, http://deletemalware.blogspot.com
Offers4U Ads Removal Guide:
1. First of all, download anti-malware software and run a full system scan. It will detect and remove this infection from your computer. You may then follow the manual removal instructions below to remove the leftover traces of this malware. Hopefully you won't have to do that.
2. Remove Offers4U related programs from your computer using the Uninstall a program control panel (Windows 7). Go to the Start Menu. Select Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
If you are using Windows 8 or 10, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for "control panel".
Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control panel from there.
3. When the Add/Remove Programs or the Uninstall a Program screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and remove the following:
- and any other recently installed application
Simply select each application and click Remove. If you are using Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8, click Uninstall up near the top of that window. When you're done, please close the Control Panel screen.
Remove Offers4U related extensions from Google Chrome:
1. Click on Chrome menu button. Go to More Tools → Extensions.
2. Click on the trashcan icon to remove Offers4U, Extag, Gosave, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
If the removal option is grayed out then read how to remove extensions installed by enterprise policy.
3. Then select Settings. Scroll down the page and click Show advanced settings.
4. Find the Reset browser settings section and click Reset browser settings button.
5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset. That's it!
Remove Offers4U related extensions from Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox. Go to Tools Menu → Add-ons.
2. Select Extensions. Click Remove button to remove Offers4U, Extag, Gosave, MediaPlayerV1, HD-Plus 3.5 and other extensions that you do not recognize.
Remove Offers4U related add-ons from Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools → Manage Add-ons. If you have the latest version, simply click on the Settings button.
2. Select Toolbars and Extensions. Click Remove/Disable button to remove the browser add-ons listed above.